Tag: year end
I’m a sucker for these surveys… can’t believe I waste so much time with them, but hey, what the hell… I’m kind of an open book anyway.
Year end survey.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Played and sang piano onstage solo in Stockholm
Played poker in Las Vegas
Performed at the 100 Club in London
learned to play many Italian card games
Turned 40 years old
Got a lap dance from a monkey.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
yes. It gets better every year since i started making the resolution to “have more resolve,” & I’ll do the same this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
As a matter of fact, yes… Both Melanie & Jenner gave birth this last year… two unlikely moms with gorgeous kids.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. A very dear friend, David Beres, who I haven’t seen for some years died & it broke my heart.
We played in bands together back in San Diego. I wrote my thoughts & a little eulogy for him here.
5. What countries did you visit?
USA, Italy, Croatia, Sweden, Austria, Spain, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, England, Slovenija, Serbia, Macedonia, Greece & Sicily
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
That’s easy… money & time.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My 40th birthday party… coz it was filled with sundry touching displays of love.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Recording a new album with the Fuzztones.
Getting my spine back.
Living to see my 40th.
9. What was your biggest failure?
no such thing as failure, only botched attempts.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
staved off a cold on the road, wrecked my foot pretty badly in new boots.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
the new boots which destroyed my foot.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my own, I think I did a darn good job of hanging onto my sanity throughout the whirlwind mess that 2010 was. Also props to all the Fuzztones for keeping their cool over 13 weeks on the road throughout the year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
my own, during the turbulence of losing a lover.
14. Where did most of your money go?
the various collateral reparation costs at the expense of having a good time all the time.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
having to make a tough decision to go professional as an entertainer.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
“My Black Cloud” – The Fuzztones
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
I’d have to admit that I’m happier, because I have certainty about my personal situation, newfound resolve for my professional ambitions & more time to focus on my babies(projects).
ii. Thinner or fatter?
probably a little fatter, due to 3 Xmas dinners & one helluva new year slide.
iii. richer or poorer?
poorer, but happier.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
work on my rockopera
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
eating, wasting money, playing poorly in poker.
21. How did you be spend New Years?
dealt poker at a big shindig at Wintergarten Theater in Berlin, had a handful of guests over for blackeyed peas & more drinking at my afterparty.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
maybe six times or so
23. How many one-night stands?
half a dozen, give or take
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
haven’t met someone I admire enough to hate.
26. What was the best book you read?
The City and the City – China Miéville
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
revisiting mid-late 60s West Coast Rock
28. What did you want and get?
a new tattoo
29. What did you want and not get?
a new Ashdown 500watt bass amp
30. What was your favorite film of 2010?
was Paranormal Activity 2010?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
see answer nr. 7, & “Got a lap dance from a monkey.” from answer nr. 1
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more
stupid question… getting a new apartment with more natural light woulda been key, but outside of that not much.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Same as always – snazzy, and full of subtle zazz.
34. What kept you sane?
friends, music, vices
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Wiki leaks & the zealous outrage from monkeys calling for the founders’ execution.
37. Who did you miss?
I missed seeing my friend Dave Beres when I was in San Diego before he passed away.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
my mind was blown away by an intense creature in Bassano del Grappa, Italy
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
always call the promoter on the way to the hotel, before showing up to the club.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“I’m still standing yeah yeah yeah” – Bernie Taupin